ORCHID SUBSTRATE (Phalaenopsis, Miltonia etc.) – Green-PIK LAT vermicompost (organic fertiliser)-based specialised mix. The mix is based on vermicompost, coarse and fine pine mulch and sand.
This is 100% ready to be used for growing the orchids specified above. The substrate components conserve humidity, ensuring air circulation. It does not contain weed seeds, harmful germs and synthetic fertilisers. Vermicompost strengthens the immune system of your plants, reinvigorates their natural fertility, improves structure and health.
Planting your orchids:
- Start planting by watering the plant, then taking it out of the pot.
- Remove the old substrate from the roots carefully, making sure not to damage them.
- Clip off the dry and rotten roots. Apply ground cinnamon, ash or ground coal to the place of the cut.
- Insert the plant into the new pot, and put the new substrate in between the roots of the plant (making sure not to crush them).
- After the planting, leave the plant in a well-lit place, but avoiding direct sunlight. Start watering the plant only one or two weeks later.
Reported plant nutrition elements:
- pH (KCl) 5,4–6,2
- Electrical conductivity 0.12 mS/cm
- Organic substances min 45.0%
- Total nitrogen (N) 0.1%
- Total phosphorous (P205) 0.06%
- Total potassium (K2O) 0.1%
- Humidity max 35%
Additionally contains Ca, Mg, S, Fe, Cu, Zn, B, Cl, Mn